Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Little Letters

This post is for my bro...who checks my blog every once in a while and says it's time for a new post. thanks for caring clay...(totally outed you that you check blogs :)

Dear 4th of July Frog,
Can you die already??? It has been 2 months and you are still kicking around. Connor (who promised he would take care of you) has neglected his responsibilities and your tank is super stinky. So gross! ( ok when I re-read this it sounds like I have never cleaned the tank, which is wrong...just not in the last week..ok 2 weeks)

Dear Football-
I am not dumb..I promise. But I just don't understand all your rules. It's so confusing...downs, conversions, off-side stuff, etc. Connor is playing flag football and wow I just have a hard time following. Sorry...and my husband explains it to me over and over and it's just hard.

Dear Candy-
Why are you so good? You should be gross- so I wouldn't like you. I'm sure these extra pounds would melt away if you were yucky.

Dear fitted sheet...(yes another letter to the fitted sheet)
Why don't you fit good? You are either too small and I have to stretch the bageezies out of the last corner, or with the pillowtop mattress' you just don't go down far enough. Your label said you would...it lied.

Dear hair-
You had a good hair day today. Why can't you have one every day. I do the same thing every day. So weird!

Dear kids-
Why do you hate bedtime? Sleep is amazing. I wish someone would tell me to go to bed. Someday you will like it more..I promise.

Dear God-
I am so thankful for all I have..really I am. Sometimes I may seem jealous or ungrateful...and I may be a smidge jealous of some stuff. I mean I do need slash want a bigger house. But truly I am blessed. My whole neighborhood is falling apart it seems. So I am thankful. Very thankful.

PS God-
I am crazy to even ask or mention this but I don't feel done having kids..I want to feel done really bad. Everyone says you just know when you are done. What! I don't know. 4 kids is nutsy and crazy and I am way tired and exhausted and my life is shambe-lish...5 might do me in..so can you make me feel done? Just asking..never hurts to ask right? Ok thanks.

6 comments:

Lauren and Clay Christensen said...

dont worry ashley.. i'll out him too. He watches HGTV! Hes a softy. ABOUT THE FROG... sorry to break it to you. Remember Liberty and Justice, our pet frogs from 4th of July of 2009!? Yeah, they don't die! Ours just died like two months ago! And its okay.. you were made to have kids remember. 13 or 14 will do just fine:)

suzy said...

Oh my heck, you are my favorite person. And whenever I see you in real life I don't get a chance to talk to you. (I had to rush off to the dr yesterday). I am laughing so hard about the fitted sheet and the football!! I don't know how many times it has been explained to me and I just don't get it or like it. So remember that one time that my house is for sale and I live RIGHT by your parents? Wouldn't that be so awesome? I will give you a deal. I know it's so ugly from the outside and it doesn't help that I neglect it. But the inside is pretty cute. Come look. (Next time the maids come.) Your dad would be SO excited to have you so close. I bet he would even mow the lawn and trim the roses for you.

Ryan and Amber said...

I am busting up over the football comment (fetch, try soccer!) and the dang candy letter. As I am reading I am devouring a watermelon tangy taffy. What the fetch?! Furthermore, if you want me to play the part of God for a brief moment I'll use my best booming voice and tell you what you wanna hear, but it ain't gonna work sista. GOOD LUCK! :)

Tina said...

Love your blog!! It always makes me smile slash laugh:) I feel the same way about kids...3 is plenty, but sometimes I think there's another one waiting!!

Jess said...

You are too funny. I feel the same way about football. and candy. and the sheets. I miss being your neighbor and I'm sad to see you say that the neighborhood is falling apart. Also, on the second letter to God, I never felt done until we had baby number 4 two weeks ago. Almost 9 years after baby number 3. I am happy to say that we are so very done!

The Venutis said...

HAHA! These were funny...I agree with the football, fitted sheet, and candy. We have the same frogs. Get a sucker fish they help a little bit. I've even seen our fish suck on our frog!?!