Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dear Disneyland

Dear Disneyland,

I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful week last week while my family came to visit (although you really should be thanking me for spending so much money at your resort...I mean $7.00 for a mini pizza and $4.00 for a pretzel...don't you think that's a bit much??) Anywho, we had a great time. Our favorite ride was Midway Mania in California Adventure and we met lots and lots of Characters. We also loved the Pixar Parade. Job well done. I did however learn some great lessons while I was there. Here are a few.

Lesson #1- You should always go for comfort over style when at Disneyland. I wore my tennis shoes and never once had feet issues. Unlike exhibit A..(see below)




Nate says I should not make fun of people on the Internet but this is simply an example...(ok maybe a little bit of making fun) But seriously..what was she thinking....Hmmm what should I wear to Disneyland today. Oh yes..the 4 inch high boots and my tight leather pants. That should be way comfy! What!! And you should've seen the front..Holy Boobage! Model mom! Ok that's enough making fun.

Lesson #2- Some people who are grown-ups come seriously for themselves. Which is ok but when you come with your husband and are in line to get Princess Cinderella, Belle, and Snow White's picture and autograph is where I draw the "little bit crazy" line.

Lesson #3- About 80% of the Disneyland population does not know how to dress themselves appropriately. I am not excluding myself. But comfort does not always mean leggings and sweaters. Most of us are in need of Stacy and Clintons help from "What not to Wear." Take for example exhibit B

Lesson #4- The month of February and days Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday are perfect days to go. Not to busy and the lines were really short. We rode everything we wanted, watched both parades and went to a couple of shows. I highly recommend the "Aladdin" show. Extremely funny!

Lesson #5-Parents and children are all alike everywhere...it's always comforting to hear another parent telling their tantrum throwing, screaming toddler, "please don't do this to me..it's only 10:00 in the morning. You can't start this already."

Lesson #6- You can totally spot LDS families at Disneyland and they can spot you and there's like this eye contact, smile and nod like "ya I know your LDS and we are too." The garmmie line, and BYU or U shirt help too.

Lesson #7- There are seriously some crazy people out there..crazy bad and crazy good. The first guy was a dancer in the parade and crazy good about his job. He should get a raise just for his facial expressions. The second picture is of a lady so into the "High School Musical 3" show...like insane. At first I thought she was part of the show but oh no..just way too intense fan. She was like 60 years old and totally jamming out. People were taking pictures with their phones..she's probably on utube by now. crazy good


crazy not so good


Lesson #8- Four Children, 12 +hours in the car, five nights in a hotel room, 4 long days at Disneyland = a much needed vacation from our vacation for Nate and me!

So all in all, we had a great time. The kids loved it. Sophie would have ridden all the rides if she had been tall enough. We had to practically drag Ellie onto most of the rides and Connor tried most rides once. Maggie was happy to be along for the ride. She even cut her second tooth while we were there and I was desperate to find some infant Tylenol. Paid 9 bucks for that but was totally worth it. Here are some pics of the glorious 4 days!

















8 comments:

Lauren and Clay Christensen said...

I wonder how many people took pictures of you and all your kids and blogged about it! haha Glad you had a good time.. I'm tellin ya, you need the vacation time in Alaska with us! So... you should come!

Ryan and Amber said...

I seriously thought that YOU were the woman in black boots and leather - so confusing! :)

Megan and Keli'i said...

Hahaha! This post made me crack up. Glad you guys had a good time! My son's dying to go...asks me about it everyday, so we'd better start saving our pennies now for our trip!

Good fun!

Miranda said...

Found your blog thru who knows where (blog hopping). Our family was in Disneyland last week, too. Had a TOTAL BLAST...honestly the food prices...sheesh? But all in all good times ey?

ALICIA said...

Glad you survived the trip & had a good time. We're leaving for there next weekend. Can't wait.

The Venutis said...

I agree with the need a vacation after this sort of vacation. Good times, but tiring!

RobJulsandKids said...

SO FUNNY! I love that you took pictures of everyone...not just your family! CRACKING UP! I am glad you guys had such a good time:)

Penny said...

Great Post! (No, you don't know who I am, don't spend anytime trying to figure out where you know me from.) I DO however have my own blog that is specifically about Disneyland resort vacations for LDS familes. Hence my interest in your post. I got a good chuckle because everything you had to say was so spot on! Thanks for the enjoyable post!
-Penny
www.disneylandforfamiles.blogspot.com