
We've all been taught that it's not polite to stare at people..so why is it that when we see something out of the ordinary we can't help ourselves. For example, I started going to the gym a couple of weeks ago and my first class was Zumba..very fun. But there was this girl..cute girl but she was wearing light colored pants and a nice BLACK thong..don't worry it gets better. So I notice the thing cause it's Zumba and she's shakin' her thang but the best part was that right smack in the middle of her left butt cheek is a wadded up pad that had wiggled it's way out of place. Very far from home. I couldn't help but stare. Didn't she feel some lump on her butt! Should I tell her, should I pretend not to see it? Yep I played dumb and kept on shakin my own thang. Sorry cute "pad girl" (that's my nickname for her)
Another example. Apparently, if you go to California with more than one or two kids, you are a circus act. I mean there were occasional glances from people at Disneyland but that was nothing compared to a stop we made for gas and lunch in Baker or Barstow..can't remember. Anywho, we walked into a Panda Express, and you would have thought we were all naked by the way people were staring at us. Good grief! I know 4 kids is more than average, but seriously you can't peel your eyes away from us? I mean I CAN see you looking at us..there seemed to be no shame. Happened again on the way there at Burger King..where Ellie did some staring of her own and asked me why so many people were black. Another time I was nursing Maggie at Disneyland..completely covered with a blanket and this lady had eyes that were glued to me. So I stared right back at her, thinking she would divert her eyes..oh no..she kept on a staring. I thought maybe she was a statue..if I would have had a dart gun or something, I would have given her a thump! It's only nursing for crying out loud! I swear. So I was glad to get back to my sheltered life in my little bubble of a world where 4 kids is normal and nursing is how mothers often feed their kid.
I guess our curiosity just gets the best of us and although our minds may be telling us one thing, our eyes just can't seem to break away from the different and unusual things we may see.
5 comments:
Ashley, you crack me up! That is hilarious! You should've told them! well, I say that but I never would've!
BTW, my blog's not private anymore, so you can add it to you other list if you want...:)
I couldn't help staring at "pad girl" either! In fact I called my mom and told her all about it. She knows the girl!! We should be ashamed... right?
I am a complete freak of nature right now carrying around a kid that can't even walk and looking like I'm about to go into labor. Ah well - keep em guessing.... that's my current motto!
I love to read your posts. You are hilarious!
For sharing time I dressed up some of the kids to be Moses, Lehi and Joseph Smith. They each read clues about different things they did when they were prophets and the other kids tried to guess who they were. Nothing to exciting, but something different to try and catch their attention for 2 minutes.
My calling is going good, how is yours?
Hey - Just wanted to let you know that YOU ARE ALMOST 30! That's right - just in case you don't blog about the big 3-0... your commentators will all know! :)
Post a Comment