It's no secret that we are bursting at the seams in our cute, little house. And to be honest, I'm not a hoarder..in fact I'm quite the opposite..always dejunking, DI-ing and throwing away..but with almost 7 people in this family, comes stuff..and a lot of it. Well, the garage has been driving me nuts...so today I did it! I cleaned the gross garage. It had gotten so bad, with bikes, and strollers, etc that Nate was parking his car just in the driveway. So with Nate on the mountain today, I geared myself up with a serious pep talk that I could get it done..and a million hours later, a purple pop spill on the carpet and a pee mishap on my bed (Maggie has figured out how to take her diaper off..fabulous) I got the garage in good shape if I do say so myself. Here are some before and afters..let me preface with the fact that we have not a single storage room in the house, so everything..and I mean everything goes in the garage.
 |
| Before |
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
 |
| After |
And while I can check one thing off of my "nesting" list, and sigh a little sigh of relief, I have a million more to go. And while I am realizing these pics don't show much difference, it really is and i am much happier about it. Am I weird that I wish everything would fit into a container of some sort. And also doesn't organizing make you so happy...it seriously makes life better. And don't you worry, I treated my tuckered-out self to a slush when I was all finished!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, it looks great and we are more alike than you know. Going through this right this moment. Yes, everything in the world needs to fit into a container. :)
Oh great - I haven't even touched the garage. Does it count if I moved both boys and all their things into one room? Just say it does so I don't feel so dang inferior - OK?
Looks awesome! Where did you get your shelving? I need to do this so badly - but I keep telling myself I shouldn't have to do it alone so I wait for Jared. I guess that is why it's been so long since it's been done. Thanks for the motivation to do it myself! But, I really do need shelving!
Oh Ashley, I love you. I thought the before pics were after you cleaned it because it looked pretty good already. But it does look so much better in the after pictures. I hope my husband doesn't read your blog. You are so hilarious and I am so sad that we aren't in Richfield anymore!
I just wish my after could look like your before!
Post a Comment