So yesterday my BFF (who is due about 10 days before I am) and I went shopping in all of our chubby belly glory. I headed up north bright and early and we started our shopping at 9:30 am and by 4pm we were exhausted...It was totally just what I needed since I had had it with my kids the day before and sooo needed a break. We shopped, ate lunch at Kneaders, shopped some more and had no real agenda..except to find shoes which we didn't find because the shoe people of the world believe that you should only wear flats or shoes that are 6 inches high and totally cute but not practical for pregnant moms who have 4 kids...Hello..oh they do have shoes with a perfect wedge..if you want to have sandals that look like a grandma....I steered both our butts away from those..tempting and comfy as they were. So we chatted and got caught up in our ever changing lives...she told me I needed a new bra..I told her she needed new sandals...you know just the usual stuff that friends do. We laughed at all the cute things our kids do..all their antics and funny sayings...like little proud mamas should...shared our worries and concerns about raising them and all that comes with kids.We laughed at ourselves with our maternity pants and the panel that goes clear up to your boobs..and saying how we used to be fashionable and wondering if we would ever be there again. We walked into fancy boutiques..acting like we could totally afford their fancy, shmancy clothes..all while really feeling totally out of place. She showed me the best kept secrets..like the gas station that has the cutest headbands, bows and shoes for little girls.
But the best thing about this amazing friend of mine is that the minute we get together, you better fasten your ear seat belts if you want to follow anything we say..cause we talk a mile a minute and go from subject to subject in microseconds..and we pretty much don't stop..even talking to each other while going down different aisles at Target and Ross..while other people think we are crazy and talking to ourselves ..and we go off on tangents but eventually end up back to what we started talking about...just ask our husbands...they will tell you that they don't even try to keep up. Hey we gotta savor these moments with no kiddos in tow..cause it happens very rarely.
So thanks Amb..for a great day...and I could totally go for another eclair!

2 comments:
Yay for you!!! I'm a little jeal!
I LOVE you.... I really do and it was SO needed. We should do these little outings quarterly.... at least bi-annually don't you think?
Post a Comment