Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pigeon-Toe Prayers


So this little pigeon-toed princess has been walking that way since she started toddling around...I always thought it was so cute..still do actually...but the more comments I got , the more concerned I started to become. After a visit to the podiatrist, his concerns made mine all the worse. Her femurs were rotating to far inward as she walked..most noticeably was the right leg. He suggested a visit to Primary Children's Hospital to have a consult with an orthopedic doctor. While waiting to get in, of course  my mind thinks worse case scenario...surgery? casts? leg braces? an immobilized 20 month old for the Summer? So I spent a lot of time talking to that Heavenly Father of mine...hoping and praying she would be A-OK. So yesterday, after a long car ride north and some hip x-rays (which btw she was completely hysterical about...I could hear her screaming down the hall and poor Nate had to hold her down), the Dr. came in, watched her walk around a bit, showed us her x-rays..said her hips were perfect and that she would grow out of it all by about the time she is 6 or 7 (insert huge sigh of relief). Exactly the words we wanted to hear. So until that day comes, I will smile at those inward feet and that adorable toddle-y run. And I am again reminded that my prayers are answered and that we are immensely blessed....especially to have this sweet girl as a part of our family...it's hard to believe that she is my baby, but only for a little while longer. Love you to death Mags..pigeon-toes and all!  

4 comments:

Amy B. said...

So super happy for you guys...our prayers were answered too...

Ryan and Amber said...

So glad I got to see the pigeon princess in person and even more glad the prognosis is a positive one! What a cutie.

Emily Bogh said...

I am so glad to hear it. I have been thinking about her and hoping that you would get that kind of answer. Dr.Holmes is an awesome surgeon, but I am glad you don't need her for that.

Kurt and Tara Heath said...

SO glad everything turned out ok! I just love her..and dang it she will like me!!!