I had a proud mama moment today with my cute Connor..who would gag if he read that I called him cute. Anywho, here's the scoop-
Connor isn't perfect..close but just like us all, he has challenges. And by challenges, I mean he's a hot-headed, poor sport, perfectionist! He made the all-star baseball team and we had a tournament on Saturday. During the last game, he struck out. Twice! By his standards, that is unacceptable and choose to react with a helmet throw against the fence, stomp in the dirt, big pout on his face, bat on the ground reaction. Really mature eh? So his coach grabbed his arm and told him to knock it off. Honestly I wasn't surprised. This wasn't his first tantrum. So we came home after the game and had yet another talk about attitude, behavior, etc. And this time I told him he owed his coaches an apology. He wasn't having any of it. So I took away his playstation and wii priviledges for the ENTIRE summer. I was sure he would cave. Sunday rolled around and nada..monday, tuesday and today. His cousin came over and wanted to play the wii. Connor asked if he could and I stuck to my guns. So he finally gave in and called. I was so proud of him even if he did have me write down what he should say. And I could hear his coach on the other end tell him how hard it is to apologize and that he was a big man for doing so. I was pretty proud of myself for not giving in either. So lesson well learned and hopefully we won't have to many more behavior apologies in the future. Connor I am way proud of you.
4 comments:
TWo things: What a good momma you are for sticking to you guns. And I'm proud of your little dude for saying sorry.
Sounds like he got Uncle Adam's temper. Good thing Adam was offset by such a forgiving spirit too. I think he's related to Happy Gilmore.
That is so great! I must be pregnant or something cause that blog made me a little teary eyed! I would be so impressed if I were his coach! You are such a good mom!
That is so great - I am so glad you stuck to it. I know it can be sooo hard. Hopefully he will be done with that now - mine is still dealing with that sort of stuff and he is 12. I guess that is why sports are so great, they teach you all sorts of good, tough lessons. Good job!
What a great Momma! I took the wii and PS and PS2 all away for the summer and it's been one of the best things I could have done. my boys actually are using their imaginations and playing outside. It just might have to continue through the winter too!
Isn't it great how we can teach a simple little lesson by taking something important to them away? :), not doing something just lets them think it's okay to behave rude or disrespectful! Good Job!
Post a Comment