Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Eyelash Curler Mishap

Monday morning as I was getting ready for the day, I was curling my eyelashes (yes I have to curl mine..was not blessed with ones that do) and as I was gripping the curler, I sneezed..hard! Needless to say, my right eye is almost eyelash free. I looked down at the curler in my hand, and there they all were...on the curler and not on my eyelid. I panicked...my first thought was "Really? This had to happen now...the fourth of July is this weekend..I'm chubby and prego and now I have no eyelashes on one eye?" Seriously! I know that's very vain and all, but you all know how important the 4th is and how everyone wants to look cute cause you see everyone. Well I will be much less cute this year and with minimal eyelashes. My second thought was "Do eyelashes grow back?" Does anyone know the answer to this? All in all, it's not too terrible (at least I am telling myself that) and I have added extra eyeliner but I am not throwing the idea of falsies out...so we'll see. The eyelash curler people should add this warning to their curlers "Beware!!! Do not curl and sneeze at the same time as most likely it will rip your eyelashes out and make you look funny and make your eye feel naked"

9 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Dear Naked Eyes - I'm packing some falsies from Walgreens for when I see you this weekend. HAHA! My mom used to always say, "Don't walk while using your lash curler" now I know why! :)

Amy B. said...

HaHaHaHa...

RobJulsandKids said...

So I think you need to give in and purchase some false ones Ash! There are a lot to choose from. If you want I will put them on for you! Plus having false eyelashes is kind of the "thing" these days!I would do that...:)I promise not to tell anyone! &*%@ curler anyway!

Jayci said...

Totally do the false eyelash thing. I acutally used them for my engagement pictures and on my wedding day. & I think they grow back. I had a co-worker in college that had a similar mishap and hers grew back. Sucks, sucks, sucks! Don't you kind of hate the 4th because you do see everyone? It always drives me crazy & I get all nervous!

Liz said...

Oh, you poor thing! I'm going to have to agree with everyone else on this one. I'm jealous you live in Richfield and get to see everyone on the 4th every year. I have to do the every other year thing, and it's not my year. So put on some falsies and have a fun 4th for both of us!

The Venutis said...

OUCH! I'm sorry, but I had to laugh. They have amazing falsies these days. I'm tempted to get some myself.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Ah! That is CRAZY! Did that hurt like mad? They will definitely grow back, but what a great excuse to get some fake lashes! They're so affordable AND fashionable these days!

Kurt and Tara Heath said...

Ha Ha!!! I love this story- I think of it everytime I curl mine!! You are still GORGEOUS to me!! Isnt that all that matters:)

brandon and jakell said...

I have heard this happen many times and every time I curl mine I think about it. I would say yes they grow back, think of how many fall out just because when you wipe your eye or put on mascara. It not fun I am sure! Good Luck!