Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lake Powell 2009- Lots of pics

We just spent a great week at lake Powell and had so much fun. Here is just some of what went down....
Rob and Connor surfing

An amazing accomplishment for my child who barely dared go down the slide. Connor got up on a wakeboard this year. I was so impressed that he would even try. He did awesome!


This was Sophies favorite game. Jumping off the back of the houseboat. She would do it for hours!

Crazy Rob

Now this is monumental...This was the first year that connor (now 9 years old) went down the slide with no bribery and of his own free will. I was shocked. Glad he has finally warmed up to the slide after all these Powell trips.

My dorky brothers..heading down the slide

Robbie's homemade slip 'n' slide...a little bumpy but a good idea. This is Hailee and Lauren my soon to be sister-in-laws


Cousin Tyler, Clay and Rob...show-offs!


My dad sporting his first "cut-off" that Robbie gave him for Fathers Day


A good game of horseshoes..I'm pretty sure my brothers lost


Nate got to come for a minute and took Sophie down the slide...these two could live in the water.

Sophie loved finding "sheshells" and is proudly showing hers off

This is what happens when you have Robbie as an Uncle. Two years old is not too young to learn to surf...

Or too young to wakeboard..Sophie was crying because she wanted to go by herself. We finally
got her her own handle and that seemed to do the trick. This girl has no fear of water and wanted to go again...and again...and again....if you know my other kids, (pansies:) this is unheard of.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like a fun trip! I can't believe how brave your little girl is - wow!

Ryan and Amber said...

Ha Ha - I love that you got your Dad to show off his massive guns! And good for you to finally have a brave little tyke... :)

Amy B. said...

I am dying over Sophie...I didn't hear you tell this story this weekend and I am totally dying...she is sooooo...soooo...Herself!

The DeMille's said...

That looks like so much fun! Sophie's little face is so cute in those pictures! congratulations to your brothers!