Monday, June 29, 2009
....And Resume Life
Whew! I feel like I can now push the un-pause button in my life and get back to reality a bit. Not that I have been doing nothing..I have been Miss Richfield-ing it for the past week and I am all pageant-ed out! I tell you these pageant deals are just not for me or for anyone who has young kids and a husband who is gone all day and most of the night. So the big event was Saturday and it went off without a hitch. Everything looked fabulous if I do say so myself. I got to sit back stage, wear a head set, open and close the curtain, and make sure the piano, mic and escorts were in the right place at the right time. I did feel sort of important :) So all in all, it is done. I will not be taking over next year or even helping. I am learning to say "NO" ..call and ask me to do something and let's see if I can really say it. It was a good experience and I learned a lot about "rainbow-ing" off the stage, the importance of going command-o or wearing spanx, mock interviews, judging points, pageant moms, and most importantly how much time and effort goes into pulling off a 2 1/2 hour performance. Holy Cow...Marie Peterson was the director and she is simply A-mazing. She thinks of all the little tiny stuff you have to do. Kudos goes out to her. So now I will be back to blogging and noticing that I have children and all of that good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
resume life without one little kid...AHHHHHHHH! (That was your spa moment)
We are excited to get him and have a few days with him...
Post a Comment