So last night, Connor had his first Blue & Gold Banquet for scouts and the boys were asked to make a cake with their dads..no help from mom. Here's how it went down-
1. First Nate couldn't find the location of the 9x13 pan...it hasn't changed location in the almost 4 years we have lived here.
2. Nate cracks the egg..and somehow the skin under the shell was still in tack and he couldn't figure out what the heck happened. Connor cracked his like a pro!
3. He cuts the butter at the 1/3 mark but proceeds to put the other part of the butter in the mixing bowl
4. Puts 1/2 cup water instead of 1 cup..the reason the first cake didn't quite make it.
5. Mom steps in..goes to the store for another cake mix, makes the second one (Nate's convinced it's ok since he technically did the first one), cleans up both rounds of dishes..but
Nate did cut the football shape, frosted it (with minor help from me) and Connor drew the lines on. all in all, it turned out ok and edible. Connor won the most "kicken" award. What an adventure and one more reason I tell God to never let me die first :) Love you Babe!
8 comments:
HaHa - Ryan would not be able to pull off such a culinary masterpiece either! Then again, neither would I - You're amazing!
Hillarious! And I am stealing this idea for our pack meeting next month (yes, I have the joy of being the Wolf Den Leader in my ward). My husband thinks reheating leftovers is too difficult a task, let alone baking! Good effort, Nate!
Atleast he tried, he gets a A for effort. They decorated it really cute! Moms are so underrated!
That's so cute! I love that you had to help with the second cake. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think making a cake is really hard too... The football cake - awesome!
How fun. Our blue and gold is the end of this month. We're doing cakes too. It will be interesting to see what my boys come up with. The football cake looks great.
At least he tried and at least they had you! It turned out great! Rob helped the kids build gingerbread houses once...but that was just a kit that he got at Wal-Mart!
Nate can't find pans either?! Humm...it's like when they ask you what there is to eat. I mean...don't they know how to open the frige or pantry? Seriously...good job on the cake...looks fabulous!!
We have a rule that we NEVER eat anything our kids make...and now that rule includes Uncle Nate...hahaha
Post a Comment