Thursday, February 5, 2009

Resolution Update

Ok so it's only been a month this year and I am doing pretty good with my resolutions. I am working out about 4-5 times a week but I have to say, nothing is HaPPENING!! Hello...so i finally had to admit to myself it's because I eat like crap. What can I say, candy is lovely. So I was talking to my neighbor and she had picked up this "Biggest Loser" book and it told you how many calories a day you should eat a day to lose weight, based on your weight. I almost pooped my pants when I read how many I could eat. I was thinking about 1400 calories..oh no..I get 1050 calories a day. That is like eating two bites and your done. I tried it the other day and seriously..it's impossible unless you get full on water and air. By dinner I was over by about 300 calories. So I have decided counting calories is for the crazy birds! I'd rather be a chubby girl than live through that. It takes over all you think about. I am trying just moderation. Whatever! I am putting my skinny, hot, body image out to the universe and it will happen :) As far as my other goals go, Nate and I went to the temple last month. We have already improved over last year..yeah! We are slightly better at scripture study and doing good with family prayer. I am in the works of starting a business. So things are good. With that said, it is only the second month of the year so we'll see what the other 10 bring.

5 comments:

Elle said...

1050???? Um, NO WAY. Is that including your exercise??? I think the book is seriously WRONG. You couldn't eat anything. I think it's wrong because when I took nutrition in college, I was able to lose weight on 1200 calories a day doing NOTHING. I was able to eat 1600 a day doing moderate exercise. I think the book is trying to get you to lose 10 pounds a week or something.

Amy B. said...

You think you're chubby...LOL...I wish I was as "chubby" as you...

RobJulsandKids said...

I am agreeing with Amy on this one...CHUBBY...HA! How is the buisness coming along? I need to come by and see the goods!

Jayci said...

Um...screw 1050. That's insane! Um, I'm starving when I eat like, oh I don't know, 2000 calories a day? J/K,...sort of. So, I'm with you on the whole eating thing, though. I exercise like no one's business and I can't get rid of the major fatso belly 'cause I seem to think I need a treat at least once a day! Damn it! But, we'll do it! We'll get looking freakin' awesome!

Hey - what business are you starting? I'd love to hear about it! (Did you just miss having a business, or what?!!!)

Love,
Jayci

Ryan and Amber said...

Let's be clear - no body is worth it if you can't have a bag o' Christensen's candy every now and again! I woulnd't even know how to begin to count calories. Let's blame it on our inability to do math. :) Ya look awesome!