Wednesday, November 19, 2008

For Reals






She did it...after months of pestering, we finally decided to let Ellie get her ears pierced. I always thought my girls would be eight..because I was. But after talking to Nate about it, (He let me know that just because I was 8 didn't mean that it was the rule of the universe :) we would let her do it. I decided it was ok as long as she knew all that was involved. Sitting at the shop, she kept saying "But is it gonna hurt?" She asked that 100 times and I thought she might bail out. But she was a trooper and did great. Only a few tears. So Happy 6th Birthday to my cutest oldest daughter. I thought only 2 seconds about getting Sophie's done. she'd have those suckers ripped out faster than they could be put in.

6 comments:

Amy B. said...

Oh Ellie...you look like a beautiful Princess now!!! Happy Birthday!

Ryan and Amber said...

FUN! Love them and I too struggle with the, "I did it that way so duh - doesn't everyone?" Did YOU cry? :)

Megan and Keli'i said...

So cute! My mom took me when I turned five. I still remember it, which is so fun. Of course, my little Eva was so bald and looked like a little boy that we had hers done right after her first round of shots...age four months! She looks too cute, that's for sure!

Elle said...

This is a late comment, but your pumpkins were so impressive!

Ryan and Amber said...

I need your help - how do you list your "friends and family" WITH their most recent post title? I'm a blogging idiot....

Melissa said...

Wow Ellie! That is exciting- you were brave!