Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Can I Get An Amen

Seriously..can I get an Amen to all the working mothers out there..and a double Amen to all those single working mothers out there...Phew..I don't know how you do it..

My husband..my sweet, sweet husband..bless his heart..(yes you do detect a hint of sarcasm) likes to play sports..what guys doesn't? And he is good at it..for an almost 35 year old guy. Problem is, in his mind, he still thinks he's 18. His body on the other hand disagrees. Three weeks ago, he was playing rec basketball and in the blink of an eye, he was out and down. End result....surgery. Torn ACL, torn meniscus and a fractured tibia. (Insert enormous sigh and shaking of head)

So I bucked up and headed back to work so we could salvage some of our hard-earned savings. And ya know..I'm not gonna lie... it was kind of nice to have a little break. Nate has been able to gimp around enough to watch the kiddos and play Mr. Mom..which I am giving him a total A. It would have been an A+ but the kids still had homework to do when I got home and the laundry was piling up..but the house was still intact and pretty clean. He even had lunch made for me one day..OK..OK..he gets an A+..sheesh. And I got to feel like I was a real person who could talk to real adults all day long. It was quite amazing.

But by the time I got home, I was exhausted..and there were still those little things that needed to be done..homework, dinner, dishes, baths, laundry. There was never enough time. And through these trials that remind me of a lot of things like how our course of life never works out like we want it..or how small we are in God's plan of life, is that all we can really live by is faith..cuz you never know whats waiting for you just around the corner.

And  in the end..it will all work out and we both have come to appreciate each other even that much more.Cuz what we both do is super hard work..but we would never trade places with each other. But to all you women who do it ALL...day in and day out. A serious HOLLA and an AMEN. You gals are my heroes!

3 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

And YOU are seriously mine because though my heart aches for Nate and his massive owweee - my heart also sheds a tear for you... who now mothers five nay FIVE kiddos and a grown man who needs pain meds!!! You are from this point forward, to be called, "Saint Ashley". But seriously SOOOO glad y'all made it through surgery day and things seem to be OK. Smooches, Saint Ash!

The Venutis said...

Amen! Also it would be amazing to talk to adults all day long...not even sure how that feels. Too bad you have to do the other stuff too when you get home. : (

Katie E said...

Okay, I know that Clay and Lauren are expecting. Does that mean both McCall and Hailey are too? Or is someone having twins! My mom usually fills me in on these details! So exciting! And such cute Easter gals in their Easter dresses!