Monday, February 4, 2013

Ice.. Ice ...Baby

First off..we rarely have a day when we are all together..you know when not one kid has anything going on and the hubby is off work? Well we I thought it would be such a good idea to take the whole fam and go ice fishing. You know create memories..love each other..all that good stuff. I know right? What was I thinking?



Connor moaned and whined the entire trip about "why did the girls have to come..why can't they walk home?" So awesome..he loves them so much.



 Chloe lasted about 45 minutes, before her boots fell off..her socks got wet..she had tuna fish sandwich all over her..and she was about 2 hours past nap time..you see where the day is going. I honestly thought we might make it an hour...and that would include walking half a mile across the ice, setting up, seriously why do I think things like this would be a good idea?
 And this brown haired beauty should really be blonde..I sigh and shake my head often with her. As we were setting up..she was outside trying to "Facetime" her friend. I told her there was no WiFi on the mountain. She poked her head inside the tent and asked if we had service in there. You see what I'm sayin" ..sigh and head shaking. Why yes Ellie..we just had it installed...hello...please tell me she will grow out of this.






 But in the end, Chloe found a brownie and then fell asleep. Nate started slaying the fish and let us all reel one or two in. The kids made snow angels and pulled each other in the sled. Connor went to Uncle Brandon's tent where there were no girls and 4 1/2 hours we were still alive and had made it through. And when I asked Nate what he was laughing about..he shook his head and just said "this" meaning the whole day. It was crazy to say the least but we will chalk it up to some more Belnap memories! The end.




1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Girl, you are brave. I have decided there is a time limit and a patience limit to "outdoor winter family adventures" and that limit is like, a whopping two-hours. Ha Ha. But seriously, that Ell.... that is stuff that gets a gal a reality show. So embrace it! :)