Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Another hunt...for Christmas trees that is!

 This is yet another one of those traditions that gets harder and harder it seems. And even as we drove up the mountain, and listened to the kids whine and cry and fight...my husband (the man who in the beginning of our marriage made it uber clear that we would never, ever have a fake tree) was adamant that this would be our last year hunting a real one.

Side note- Working for UPS has made him a total scrooge..the even later hours, working hours in the dark and in the snow..it has seriously done some Christmas spirit damage

But in the end, after driving up the entire mountain, picking 3 different spots (which included unloading and reloading all the kids 3 different times) and walking around in a spot that looked anything but promising, we found our tree.
 Chloe totally had it made as she chilled in a tube while I lugged her around..never mind that while packing all the kids snow crap i forgot my boots..so lets just say my Nikes were less than waterproof.

 Maggie wasn't about to let Chloe be the only free loader..she jumped in for a good time too!
 We were headed back to the car when Nate yelled at me to come check this baby out. Turns out it was darn near perfect. I told me to stop looking and chop that puppy down. Cuz we are cool like that..in and out and on our way..Unlike Nate's completely OCD bro who after stayed for 4 more hours and came home with one reject and one they decided to keep..sighhhhh.
And in the end, we weren't too tired or cold, thanks to donuts and hot cocoa. And we created some more family memories that hopefully the kids will cherish or something like that. Plus, we got this beauty of a tree and as soon as Nate got that thing in the house and smelled his hands all yummy like pine sap and needles..he decided that a fake tree wasn't such a hot idea after all...well at least until we repeat this whole thing next year! And I think this pic turned out pretty darn nice for a quick snap shot to please yours truly..so nice that it might double as our Christmas card photo too..Happy Holidays peeps!

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

couple of things...

1. Forgot to mention that it took our OCD bro 10 hours to find that reject tree.

2. Chloer's is the cutest.

3. Her dress is the cutest, thanks to her Awesome Auntie who picked it out!

4. Bellie is so gorgeous and I love her to pieces...

5. We don't ever carve pumpkins...cuz of what it does to my sanity! Besides I'm allergic to the guts and break out in a rash...

6. Way to go posting 3 times!!!

Megan and Keli'i said...

LOVE all the posts! I love that Christmas tree, and I laughed that your bro in law spent so long up there! Griswald family Christmas! And I can't believe Ellie is 10! There's no way you're old enough to have double digit kiddos.

PS- I went private with my blog. I'm so weird. I get paranoid sometimes, so there it is. I'm sure I'll change back, but for now, it's the way it's gotta be. Ha!

Ryan and Amber said...

Um that should totally be ur pic for the old Christmas card... Hello miss Hollywood in her sunnies! Props to u for the real tree. I crossed over to the dark side an. I am fake. Boo hiss