Christmas Tree Lane proved to be both exhausting and successful. Here is a brief overview.
Hurry and eat an early dinner
Get girls' hair done, costumes on and make-up done
Get all kids dressed and in car..pack still camera, video camera, dace shoes, diaper bag and purse with snacks, etc.
Drive to recital..Maggie falls asleep on the way (crap) and I literally have to park as far away as you can due to so many cars (more crap)
Get girls out of car and hurry into the auditorium (yes Maggie is still asleep in the car..remember I only have two arms and am packing all that crap plus a baby in a car seat)
Try to find my in-laws or any seat for 10 minutes..thankfully the program is running behind.
Find a few seats sort of close together by a friend I know..ask her to watch all my stuff while I huff it back to the car to get the other child
Walk clear across town (well it felt like it) get sleeping Mags and back we go to the recital.
Get back to our seats..get the girls back stage
Find my in-laws and move two kids and all our crap again.
Sit down and take off coat because I'm hot and sweating..Phew
Enjoy these two amazing daughters of mine who absolutely love to dance!
And all this by myself mind you as Nate is out delivering all your Christmas goodies!
2 comments:
Was it like dejavu? Seriously, I just danced Breath of Heaven with you in red duds for Christmas, right? SO cute - that little Sophie is tasty!
They are so cute!! Sophie is your twin. And by the way I am so grateful for UPS men right about now. I could not survive Christmas without them.
Post a Comment