| Just before heading to the hospital |
| The next day..when we brought her home..she seriously is the worst picture poser ever..sorry Chloe..just sayin |
| A much needed nap for daddy and his girls..at least 2 of them |
So life around this household has been crazy the last week and a half. Not only did we add our sweet Chloe to the family but we moved..all in one week. That's right we are crazy. It actually worked out pretty darn good, considering Nate had the whole week off, I didn't do much on the lifting/packing end, and we had people bringing in food left and right. So baby was born on Sunday and we moved all week but stayed officially at our new place on Saturday. My days have been spent, nursing, changing diapers and unpacking. I actually feel really good...due to my easy delivery...I know DBJ (don't be jeal) ..it's one of my talents in life I've decided..some people are good at cooking, or decorating, or are great listeners..me? Well I am great at getting pregnant, being pregnant and becoming unpregnant..ask my doctor..who thinks we should keep the babies coming. While I firmly reminded him that this baby factory is closed..for good! Here is my delivery story..more for my sake than yours obviously...
I went in Sunday at noon..just after the first session of conference. I had been pretty miserable the day before and even considered going in but didn't have any regular contractions. The week before I was dilated to a 3 so when I got to the hospital and all settled I was so excited to find out I was already at a 5. I got my epidural (bless whoever invented those) and then the doctor came in about 2 hours later and broke my water. Two hours later and one minute of pushing (literally), out came our beautiful baby girl..screaming for all she was worth. It never gets old and it never ceases to amaze me..the whole miracle of birth. To watch this little life be born is about as good as life gets. And to watch her daddy experience it with me, is the icing on the cake. There might not be much more in life that is more beautiful than the love a dad has for his little girls..or the love that my girls have for their daddy...
So there you have it...the beginning chapter of little Chloe's life. She is a teeny, tiny ball of perfection. Who is such a good baby...good sleeper..good nurser..and good to put up with all her sisters who fuss over her (or in Maggie's case, swings her way to high and fast in her swing..gotta keep an eye on that one)
So a new house and a new baby in a week..pretty crazy but we are so blessed...this home is perfect for us..I feel like it was meant for our family..funny how things work out..not without a little faith and prayer but we are counting these blessings and are surrounded by lots of amazing family and friends who have been here to help out every step of the way.
PS..my camera has been packed so I have no recent pics of Chloe...I'm on it this week tho..
9 comments:
I think your super woman cape isn't showing in that cute picture! Congrats on the cute baby and all the changes. I would have been an absolute wreak! We moved 4 weeks before my baby was born and I thought that was hard! I can't wait to hear all about your new house (I'm very curious where you moved!) The old neighborhood is really changing! You have a great family!
Congrats on the new little one, she is just darling, she fits right in with the rest of them. And good luck unpacking all those boxes!
Loved this post.. Chloe really does fit in with all the rest of the girls. I can't wait to see her and your house again:)
My hero - I don't know how you did that and I'm sure you'll read this one day and be like, "What were we thinking?" But you did it and you're amaze...in. And so is little Chloe.... cutie patootie.
Ashley- you seriously look amazing in that pregnant picture! Wow hottie! And Chloe is such a doll. I can't believe you are in the process of moving right now too. You are seriously super woman and are my hero!
Congratulations on the new baby, new house and the super cute family you have!
I am so excited for all your changes and I wish I was around to take some pictures of that sweet little babe! She is so precious!
OMG! I swear i just saw you and you didn't even hardly look pregnant. And now you are already a mother of 5! Wow you are truely amazing! It sounds like things are going great for you and your cute, busy family. CONGRATS!!!
Congrats on the new baby. We are so excited to have you in our ward. Can't wait to meet Chloe. I will have to come over and meet her.
Post a Comment