Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Little Letters







Dear Poinsettia- Or however you spell your ridiculously, long name. I really do not think you are all that pretty of a flower or worth the price you say you are. Don't be offended...it's just the reality of it.

Dear Costco coupons- You are not really Christmas related but I needed to ask you if it was really pathetic and lame that I look forward to receiving you every month. I really love it when I open the mail box and there you are in all your saving glory..although it doesn't really feel like saving when I am spending hundreds of dollars.

Dear wrapping paper- Amazing that Santa and I both shop at the local Walmart for Christmas paper. So weird right?

Dear Advent Calendar- I am sorry that you are already empty...and we still have a week plus to go..it's just that Maggie and Sophie seem to think everyone needs a treat everyday...and Mags steals a couple a day. It was bound to fail..especially since it is within their reach.

Dear Presents- You did have bows at one point..I can't help it if Maggie thinks they are intriguing.

Dear Christmas Tree Ornaments- Maggie also likes you. Thank you for sacrificing some of your lives for her entertainment..and from now on, I will only buy plastic, unshatterable ones..and ones that don't have detachable tops. I can find lots of ornaments on the floor..but the hooks are still lost forever in your evergreen boughs.


Dear Christmas Cards- I love getting you in the mail..and if you hear otherwise, it's a lie..people love getting mail. It's a fact we all love to see pictures of everyone...it's the long, typed, pompous, "facts-about-us" that we can do without. Nobody really cares if your kid was an honor student or not..we all think we have the greatest kids anyways..you are not gonna change out minds with tidbits like that.

Dear Buddy the Elf- you are my favorite. Period!

4 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Oh dear genius of the little letter department - you are doin' it up good at your house. Advent calendars, glass ornaments and bows??? Impressive - we gave up ornaments below three feet and bows - ha. :)

Amy B. said...

Dear Ashley...

I won't bore with you my christmas letter this year because let's face it...my kids are better than yours...heehee...hohoho...hahaha...

Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say.... SO TRUE ABOUT THE COUPONS!

suzy said...

Just catching up on your blog. You are hilarious!! I hate Christmas this year. Maybe I should be glad I don't have a mischievous little one this year. I keep meaning to tell you how hot you look when I see you picking up your kids. Haha...that sounded so weird and stalkerish. But seriously. You have the cutest clothes and hair and you look skinnier and skinnier every time I see you! And Max loves Sophie.