Thursday, February 11, 2010

Savings


We've been planning this vacation to Disneyland for a while so I set up this "Disneyland Savings Jar" on the counter for the kids to start saving some money. (More a matter of principle) Any loose change, dollars, etc that were found, went in..although sometimes car washing quarters came out. The kids loved it and were faithful in contributing. So yesterday we went to the change exchanging machine at the bank and they all watching as it quickly counted a heavy bowl filled with change. End result $172.70. Not to shabby. So they will each have some spending money and we may buy an ice cream or two before it's gone! Good job kids...and Dad...who was the main contributor :) Now onto another savings jar...Hmmm, I'm thinking Hawaii!

3 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Um 1) Your jar is freakin' cute and 2) I have these "jars" all around the house for Ryan to deposit that dang "change" and then I secretly cash it all out and go shopping. Happens a couple of times a year and I LOVE IT! :) Have fun!

Libby And Brock said...

we do that but we just put it in a 5 gallon bucket and take it when it's almost too heavy to lift and use it for stuff that's fun!

Trynda said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip. I hope you had so much fun. Hope the kids or should I say mom and dad, didn't get burned out with all the fun you are having.