Friday, January 15, 2010

Our Song

Nate and I have never had a "song." Not because we didn't want one, just because that sort of thing never came up in all our years of dating and marriage..not until yesterday. I came home from picking up the kids from school and Nate was buying some songs off itunes. He asked me if I wanted to hear our song. I was puzzled...did I forget we had a song? Anywho..he had heard this song on one of his many drives to Nephi and said it reminded him of us. Remembering it, he bought it and now it is our song. "Then" by Brad Paisley.

Because Nate and I dated so long in high school we used to always think we loved each other so much..but here we are almost 11 years later and we feel like we love each other even more now. You now how you think you couldn't love someone more and then it's possible. It's like having another child. You don't know how much more love you have and then when that baby is born, your love magically expounds a million times. So listen to the song when you have time. Listen to the words..."Now your my whole world, now your my whole life" "And I thought I loved you then"

So mushy...when I came in and he told me he found me our song, I was so touched. Nate's not a really romantic, thoughtful guy..no offense honey. So this was surprising. We stood in the kitchen hugging, dancing and then Connor walked by and rolled his eyes. Exactly what a nine year old boy should do. So now we have a song with a fun story to go with it. And it's even a country song. Who knew! Love you babe!

4 comments:

Libby And Brock said...

I love that song it makes me cry every time I hear it so I can't listen to it very often. So cute of your hubby to do that!

RobJulsandKids said...

Awwwww! Seriously, such a cute story!

Ryan and Amber said...

Can I blame it on hormones if I'm about to bawl? SO sweet! And I am with you on that song - dang those heart strings....

Rachelle said...

Ashley that is so sweet nate found you guys a song. Your blog is so cute your entries really show your cute personality and make me laugh. Keep up the good work.