
So today I did something I thought I might never do...I entered our local liquor agency and purchased some Marsala wine. You see, Nate has this love affair with the Marsala Chicken from the Olive Garden. So I got online, found the recipe and decided to make it. I had all the ingredients minus the wine. And you can't pick that up here at the local Walmart, so off I went. I have to say I was slightly nervous. I mean what's a person to think when they see their Primary President coming out of the liquor store with a brown bag??? Well I did it and it was even half price today for a grand total of $3.99. Who says drinking is expensive :) So I'll let you know how my first experience cooking with wine goes. Bottoms up!
(ok I know that last little "bottoms up" bit is probably more for beer...but my alcohol/wine/beer lingo just isn't all that expansive)
And on another note, the building where the liquor agency is, was the place where my Grandpa was born. It used to be his father's bakery. I feel a full circle moment coming...
2 comments:
You should let us know how it turns out. I've wanted to cook with wine before but have never done so. Bon Appetite!
You crack me up! Well, you did store a case of beer in your garage for a while...ha! That is cheap. I never knew.
Post a Comment