Good thing I enlisted the help of my mom and mom-in-law. My mom got the fun part..she watched Maggie while Connie and I corralled all nine girls, plus Connor and his friend, plus Sophie and her cousin Mason. Here is what you would have heard, had you been there-
"I want to go first" "No I do" "Can I have the pink ball" "I want the yellow one" "Are we gonna eat dinner? cuz I'm hungry" "Can I have quarter?" "Are we done?" "Do you have any gum?" "Can I have a quarter?" "How come Brynne has a toy?" "Can I push this button?" "Can I have a quarter?" "When can we eat?" "Let's open presents"
This was constant and in between all of this, Connie and I were yelling across the bowling alley trying to find the girls to tell them it was their turn. It was one of those events that when it was all over, you are sweating and seriously wondering why you thought it would be easier to do a party at the bowling alley.
In theory parties are a great idea...kids have fun, get to play with friends, get presents, and eat lots of junk with sugar.
In reality all those things are true but you have to add..lots of stress for mom. And although it was a lot of stress and craziness for about an hour a a half, Ellie had a great time with her friends. I do think we will make parties an every other year occurrence though!
2 comments:
I am not sure that we knew exactly all the things we were signing up for when we applied for the mama job...HA! The things we do to put a smile on the faces of our kids, huh? You are a great mom, Ashley!
I wish I could have seen you with flushed cheeks and your "Secret" working overtime. Seriously - kids just = sweat. Birthday parties every other year - I think you're on to something!
Post a Comment