
Here's the thing...I'm not one to complain. I'm tough, I suck it up and usually deal with whatever. But here's the thing. Can my husband be pregnant for just one day??? One day, that's all I'm asking. Not even the whole 24 hours. I'd take a measly 8. Men! They just don't get it. And I'm not complaining about the pregnancy although I keep waiting to feel better. I've never been this sick for this long but I'm dealing. All I want is some understanding. I really don't even think Nate gets that I'm pregnant or maybe it's a man thing and he just doesn't know what to say or do. Hello..we've been married 10 years. I just need a "how you feeling today?" "let me put the laundry away" or "why don't you go rest" ...I'd take just about anything here.
Take for example, last night. Sophie wakes up in the middle of the night bawling cause she is "firsty" I ask Nate to go get her a drink. His response almost made me hit him. "Sophie go to sleep, I'm tired" Oh I was livid...she's crying and my excuse is that I'm prego and don't sleep that great. I give him another chance. He doesn't budge. So I am over dramatic (to make sure he gets how mad i am) ...throw the covers clear off and stomp downstairs. Come back, give Sophie her drink and proceed to loudly tell Nate that now he can get up early with Connor, fix him breakfast and a lunch and get him to school. Oh I was fuming. Then I just lay there so mad and he's off in la la land. Do I sound justified here or just crazy pregnant? Oh well I felt justified at the time.
I mean I really appreciate all of his hard work in providing for the family and I try to let him know that. He works really hard every day...but hey my job is no picnic either. I make sure I get his fav ice cream, do his laundry, make his lunches, reheat his dinner every night when he gets home at 10:00, and make sure we get some good lovin :) And all I really want is a kiss and a thanks. Maybe just a smidge of sympathy..that wouldn't hurt. Ahhh boys..the old cliche...can't live with 'em and I know I couldn't live without him. So I guess I'll keep him. And seeing as how I'm pretty darn close to perfect (LOL) I know he has no complaints about me. Isn't life grand!
And I just reread this lovely post and I'm pretty sure I'm close to crazy. Also you have to know how much I love this man. I mean we are in this forever. I don't mean to dis on him because he does help me a lot. Which I don't give him as much credit as he deserves..but wait where's my credit? Am I negating this entire post? Bottom line is, I am having a bad day, I love my husband most all of the time and I'm crazy, pregnant. The end.
7 comments:
He's a Belnap...nuff' said!
I love it!!! I wish they could just be pregnant for one day too! I made Rob get the big V last friday and hoped he would get a small taste of discomfort...I was kind of upset when it wasn't as bad as he had thought...:)
Okay, what's my excuse? I feel like this many days and I am NOT pregnant! I totally agree... men should have to either be pregnant for some amount of time or pass a kidney stone. That would do it!
You're so funny! I totally understand, and I'm not pregnant. I think the closest Josh has ever come to understanding at all what it's like to be a mom was after his surgery last year and I went back to work. I came home one day and he told me, "I've decided it's impossible to keep the house clean with Lily." That statement made me so happy because I DO keep my house clean!
HaHa! What if I act like that sometimes and I'm not pregnant? I think we as women can blame a lot of things on hormones in general. Hey - they aren't fictional! :)
Hey...I'm crazy even when I'm not pregant! When one of our boys wakes in the middle of the night Adam and I both pretend we're sound asleep and wait for each other to get up! I also do the stomping thing to let him know I'm upset...doesn't it just make you feel a little bit better to be dramatic! I think it adds special effect. I feel your pain, and I'm sorry!:) I know...have him babysit while you go to the spa for the day...that'll teach him!:)
Hi Ashley
Found your blog linked to Maradee's. I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy! I hope everything goes well.
Jessica Forbes
Post a Comment