So I have a love/hate relationship with Mondays. I like a new start to the week but it's also my cleaning day. Here is how a typical Monday goes for me.
Wake up and get Connor off to school by 8:00
Come home, eat breakfast, throw in a load of laundry, do any leftover dishes.
8:30 - wake up Ellie...get her fed and ready for dance
9:00 - take Ellie to dance
come home and jump in the shower, change laundry
9:30 get Nate a lunch and off to work
10:00 go pick up my niece, take her to dance and pick up Ellie
Come home and this is my cleaning list
* change all the sheets on the beds
* vacuum and mop
* clean both bathrooms
* dust (every other week..I hate dusting)
Do the rest of the laundry between all these things (Mondays are my big laundry day..doing about 7 loads or so and then usually 4 more sometime during the week)
12:00 take Ellie to school
come home fix lunch for Sophie and me and finish cleaning
3:00 pick up kids from school
After that the kids either want to play with friends, Connor has had baseball practice. Then it's Dinner and home night. Baths and finally bed. Whew!
It's the same every week and some days I can get it done in a few hours. Other times it might take me all day. It makes for a slightly hectic day but I always love the feel of nice, clean, vacuumed home. And my house isn't that big which makes it easier. Not many people can vacuum their whole house without unplugging the vacuum. I can...it's kind of nice.
Sometimes I can't believe how crazy busy our lives get and I know, but don't want to admit that it will probably always be this busy. And of course I could simplify and not wash and change my sheets every week but I'm sort of weird that way. Who doesn't love fresh, clean sheets? So when Mondays come around and if you happen to be in the neighborhood, you can stop by and see a clean house. Any other day of the week and it's any body's guess.
1 comment:
Wow...you're amazing super mom...I have to split my cleaning up throughout the week. Monday=laundry, Tuesday=dusting, etc. etc. However...I too love having the whole house clean at one time...even if it only lasts a couple minutes!!
Post a Comment