Behold..... she camps folks
That's right..we packed up all our chillens and half the house and headed for the hills for some full on, real-life camping.
And it really wasn't that bad ;) Well except for the toilet situation..I mean with 5 girls just in our family..you can see where I am going with this right? My only request before we braved the rugged outdoors was that Nate figure out some sort of decent latrine..none of this squatting business.. I mean we girls don't have the luxury of easy peasy peeing or a straight pee stream either...we are talking shooting, sporadic pee spray and I only brought everyone so many pairs of pants. So my amazing husband jimmy-rigged a toilet, a hole and a privacy tent to boot! Bless his heart.
And while we are disclosing my not so great talents..let's add "riding mini-motorcycles" to the list. I mean how hard could it be..4 wheels..2 wheels..what's the difference. Apparently a lot..especially when the throttle gets stuck and you have to bail the 3 year old on the front and tip it over in order not to run into the tent or parked car. Yep..not a born outdoors man here guys! But this Natie of mine..he's a stinkin pro at all things mother nature..it's just in his blood..poor guy..married a bonifide city slicker!
I mean check out the inside of our tent..I know..I know..how can I even be complaining..it's practically the Hilton :)
And these four-wheelers aka best nap inducer ever..best gem out there. Why hasn't someone invented a simulator for homes. cha-ching!
Sophie became an ol' pro on this little bugger...taking everyone for rides like a seasoned veteran.
Then came craft time..I thought I was a genius bringing along some paints..and it worked well for the most part...til Chloe's paintbrush found her eye..she is obviously gonna have to work on perfecting her eyeshadow application.
And besides the week of preparation and packing, loads of laundry afterwards, flat tire, Nate's melted boot and sock, kids covered in filth, lack luster fishing trip, flies swarming the latrine, a few kids and #2 mishaps, throttle stuck mini cycle, hole in airbed..it was a pretty great trip. I think we may make this an annual trip..cuz once a year may be all this small town girl who likes her modern amenities can handle ;)
3 comments:
HA HA HA Seriously - funniest thing I've read in a while. I can't believe you finally crossed over the dark side. And I am gonna second your whole "girls peeing situation sucks" comparatively speaking... oh I wish I had a little hose like a boy when it comes to camping! :)
DYING - at your tent. Seriously, DYING. It's cleaner and more organized than the one set up in my basement for a "camp out" right this very second. :)
Oh you are making me so homesick!! Also I love that you get commenters like the one above. Mine always post in english so everyone can see the inappropriateness and links to porn. Well I love camping, but not so much as an adult that has to prepare and clean up after. You're a good mom.
I take back my earlier offensive comment...you must know that above commenter as I now see that you don't allow anonymous comments. Unless they are getting super crafty.
That's a dang awesome tent! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment