When you have 4 girls who love to dance, it becomes inevitable that recitals will be a crucial part of life. And I have to say that recital nights can be super cray cray round here..what with all the blush, costumes, bobby pins (like a whole container..i swear), dance shoes, hair pieces, and trying to get mascara on eyelashes not eyes..whew it just might do one in. But not me.. I plan and gear for this night..line up the costumes, herd 'em in and through the line like a well oiled factory machine..cuz lets face it..organization is key to sanity in this household.
And the end results are perfection..3 beautiful girlies who are so excited to dance and get their trophy that the chatter and bouncing off walls almost becomes too much. But it doesn't..I love it. I love that they cheer each other on and want to make sure they can watch each other dance..Because the sisterly love comes far and few between theses days and with the teenage years just around the corner..ya..it's gonna get a lot scarier.
So when you get glimpses like this one..where hands are in hands and they are chatting like the bestest of friends about the looming recital that is upon them..and how exciting it's gonna be and that they get a trophy (insert gasp)..well you can't help but think that life is all worth it..and pretty darn good one at that!
Miss Sophie was all grins..she knew her dance to perfection! She was super impressed with my "messy bun" skills (I know..is that saying something about my hair doing repertoire or what? ) She can go from happy to crocodile tears in a matter of micro seconds but lit up that stage like a seasoned pro.
And this Maggie Jane..well..you gotta love her..she is the perfect age when everything is adorbs! But man is she stubborn. Like drive me up the wall..are you serious stubborn..but just look at her..those cheeks..that face..I mean..could you die? We'll keep her. And since it was her first year in dance...she got her first trophy. And let me tell you..that prized possession stayed by her side all night. #notlettingitoutofhersight
The pictures of Ellie actually dancing are super blurry..she's gonna be mad at me when she finds out..but I never do seem to do things right with her as of late..(enter the preteen years/hormones).
So here is to my 3 girls with the 4th one cheering/dancing from the audience..soon to join them! And to many more years of recitals!
3 comments:
But seriously when I only have football games to go to will you invite me a recital? I will relieve Nate of his dancing daddy duties here and there. Pinkie swear?
Oh I miss you and your adorable kids. I feel like Maggie should still be the baby! What is happening! I will be in utah at some point this summer if you need pics. I'm kinda rusty though. Also...can you give me Alexis's address?
Also your mini vacay was gorgeous and it made me totally homesick!
Post a Comment