I don't even care that this title post is super duper lame...you can totally make fun of it and I won't care. Wanna know why? Ok, so you know how you love being a mom and you love your kids and they mean the world to you and you would do anything for them and blah, blah, blah? You know..all that good stuff right? Ok..well me too..but I also know that I need time for me..time that is few and fewer and far between. Like it doesn't stop with the kid stuff from early morning til late at night..and lets be honest, everyone needs a break..i don't care who you are. So..my bestie from high school and I have tried to plan a small getaway for months..but with 8 kids between us and 6 of them under 5..it can prove to be pretty much impossible..I said pretty much...are you getting excited for the good part of this story? I totally am...

So Friday at 1 pm after two failed planned trips, 6 or so babysitters, we jumped in the car and headed south. and let me tell you...these two mouths of ours did not stop moving for then next 24 hours..minus about 7 for sleep. We did the unthinkable...drove 2 1/2 hours with no potty breaks, no sippy cup refills and no cracker crumbs in the car...talked with no interruptions except our own, tangent impulsed, wandering thoughts (do you get that?) ...went to a total of 15 stores with no children to buckle, unbuckle, reprimand for touching, or take potty...ate dinner with no other mouths to feed first...went to bed by ourselves..no baths to give, diapers to change, teeth to help brush or toothpaste to clean up....slept through the night and started the next day with just us.. which i can't say for the hubby's..(apparently both of our babes were missing their mamas...(this is sounding just slightly depressing but you all get my point right?)...then we shopped our pretty little heads off the next day where we managed to squeeze in a couple garage sales, lunch at Kneaders and a long overdue pedicure. You're impressed right?

It was a little slice of heaven...fur real! Our husbands were champs as they entertained our large amount of chilluns...and the house was still intact and most of the kids were mostly dressed when I got home ( I mean how is Nate supposed to know a tunic still requires leggings..he thought it was just a "short dress").
And while it was a pretty much necessary trip, it was good to be home again..to feel needed..to know that what we do is pretty much next to super amaze balls! And to feel a bit of rejuvenation. Cuz let's face it girls..we know we are irreplaceable..we can conquer the day, raise our kiddos and look put together..but only if we get a trip with our girlfriends once in a blue moon. So I am putting it on the yearly to do list..
Thanks Amb..for a hysterical, pant-peeing, diet-coke spilling, diaper/whining free, utterly lovely, focused Christmas shopping, micro-mini vacay!
3 comments:
Girl I am telling you it was a thousand percent rad perfection. I have nevah Evah accomplished so much whilst having an amazin time. Prepare for cheese vomit... I love you! Xoxo
Okay, that sounds amazing. Next time, I'm coming.
I laughed reeeaally hard while reading this post. Especially the tunic part! I can just see it! So glad you did this.. you deserve it!
Post a Comment