Sunday, July 22, 2012

two things

Two things..first of all, this cute boy of mine went to California yesterday for a huge baseball tournament. Today they held a huge BBQ for all the teams and a home run derby among other contests..and this proud mama is grinning ear to ear, because look who won! Each team picked 2 teammates to represent their team. And the competition began...He hit the most homeruns and walked away with a huge ego boost and a trophy! Worth the whole trip of going just to have this experience. Of course I cried and felt bad I wasn't there but still glad I made the decision to stay here...Connor we are so dang proud of you!

Secondly, a few days ago, I became the mother of a 12 year old. How the crap did that happen? Connor celebrated his birthday in style..on a houseboat..in Lake Powell. I am so amazed at this kid and the growth he has made in the last year. I mean he seriously struggled for a while..and I thought I might not make it as a mother. I mean we are talking hormones, mood swings..the works..and all you hear about is how hard girls are??? Sheesh..if my girls are as hard or harder then Connor, then I quit. But he came out of his funk and got most of the hormones slash whatever all worked out and he is turning out to be quite the boy. Not to say he doesn't tease his sisters relentlessly but he is a changed kid. He is genious..remembers everything, smarter than me for sure..especially in stuff like math and science and he is a geology whiz. He loves sports, golf, his dad, skor candy bars, and facts. Happy Birthday to my one and only amazing boy!

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

That is so cool that he won!!! Awesome!!!

Ryan and Amber said...

Ah congrats to Connor! What a stud and what a happy mama

Josie said...

That's so great! Congrats Connor! I hope they are having tons of fun. And, glad you get to stay and have some sanity. And, glad he is doing well!