Friday, July 27, 2012

Lake Powell...take two

Another trip to Powell..check
Another butt-load of pictures..check
Another week of fun and little sleep...check

We never get tired of this gorgeous place...this time around we took the houseboat out of the slip and ventured off to a sandy beach of our own...away from computers, cars, people and the hustle and bustle of this crazy life we lead..(I would say phones too..but let's be honest people) now it wasn't peaceful or restful or refreshing..like you know when you hear that word "vacation"..well when you have 5 kids, it has an entirely different definition. Plus there were 11 kids...3 of those being 1 and under, 12 adults in the space of a 75 foot houseboat...which is not too bad considering you have a beach to be on too. But with all that is constantly going on, it is not relaxing or serene...it is the complete opposite..exhausting, tense, is someone drowning, quit fighting, go to bed..you get my drift. But all in all, we do these things for the kids..and I have a new found respect for my parents and them taking us on all of our vacations. Because it's truer than true when I say I need a vacation from my vacation.

So here we go...

This Uncle Rob is the proudest daddy ever...he and Clay both had Kate and Luke debut their first time ever wakeboarding...those pics are on my dads camera...so fun to see them as parents


Gorgeous right? The girl and the scenery :)

Luke and Chloe chillen in their boat


Not sure how Hailee puts up with Rob...such a wierdo

Cutest flag girl I've ever seen



Alexis and Rylee
Maggers, Me, Sophie and Ellie...much more chill

Sophie is by far my most brave heart

Sophie and Rob..I think this is her 3rd year in a row..we forgot the small wakeboard..otherwise she would have gone by herself.




The three stooges

All 11 Christensen grandchildren..can't say I didn't contribute or do my part..Connor holding Kate, Cole, Justin, Luke with Maggie, Kaleb, Hunter, Sophie and Ellie with Chloe




3 comments:

Amy B. said...

Oh man...now I am missin Chloers and Maggers even more...next weekend I shall get my fix fosho! And I love love love all of these photos...and I would say that YOU are the very cutest flag girl evah!

Ryan and Amber said...

The fact that you have now stayed awake for two full weeks at Powell AND not showered regularly AND packed coolers and suitcases AND sun screened 24/7 makes you my hero. No doubt. YOU are super woman. And YOU might be a tiny bit crazy! :)

Katie E said...

Seeing these pics makes me stress...all those young kids! Props to your parents and the parents of all the kids! I don't know how you all do it.