Maggie surprised me by making both Sophie and her beds one morning..pretty impressive right? She was super proud and grinning from ear to ear.
How does your garden grow? Seriously, gardening is super rewarding right? I've only ever reaped the benefits of my grandpa's garden..til this year. Having a spot already outlined when we bought this house, gave us some incentive to see if we had a green thumb. Not too shabby if I do say so myself..although my raspberries are struggling and my onions never showed up..I thought those were fool proof. But I have corn, potatoes, beans,carrots and cantaloupe.
Maggie-isms- on our way home from Lake Powell a few weeks ago, of course the kids were all losing it, after being in the car for hours..Maggie being the worst..she turns her head around and says, "Ellie, quit being a whiney-butt!"
Then yesterday she was eating chips and I asked her if she had wiped her hands off..she said, "well, I licked em."
Was driving by IFA a few weeks back and all their trees and shrubs were 75% off..amaze-balls right? so I loaded up my Suburban with 2 pear trees, 6 dwarf tree things, 8 boxwoods, and like 6 other shrubs..all for about $80.. then I sweated my butt off and planted them all by my lonesome since we were headed to Cedar City the next day and Nate was at work, trying to pay for them all...pat on my back!
Bless my mom's little heart..She is a true grandma thru and thru...she always has the oddest trinkets, gifts, and oddities for my girls...see exhibit A... webbed, pink, croc-ish, shoe thingies...just what we needed...ah well, Sophie thinks they are so cool.
Meet the 2 newest members of the Belnap family..which is not..i repeat NOT getting any larger..ever! My neighbors have bunnies and of course my kids fell in love and suckered us into getting these two bunnies..I do have to admit tho that they are pretty cute and they just hop around all cute-like. plus they are boys (at least that's what I was told) so we figured Connor could use a little more manhood around here. Can't remember what their names are..i think Pebbles and Thumper..but it changes
And I saved the best for last. This is Connor's All-Star baseball team. They just won State. I am pretty sure that when they won, while everyone else was cheering and snapping photos, I was the only parent, hiding behind my sunglasses in tears..and they were not tears of joy. Let me explain...see, if you win state, you get to go to California...you're thinking..what's wrong with that? Here is what's wrong. Getting to go to California for us meant, me going by myself (Nate has to work) for one week..that's a whole 7 days if you didn't know, driving 12 hours to get there and 12 hours back (to Elk Grove, which is right next to.. oh that's right..nothing), changing diapers, nursing one baby, carrying plates of food for at least 3 kids, while holding my purse and Chloe, sweating from the hot sun, carrying coolers, snacks, chairs, and blankets to and from games, watching 2 hour long games in the hot, California sun, sweating some more, sleeping all in one room with 2 queen beds and spending tons of money on gas and food..you understand the tears now right? I have to admit,my attitude was super rotten. Nate and I considered every option and although it's not ideal, it's the only one that makes sense for us. Gma and Gpa Belnap are taking a road trip to the middle of nowhere and are stoked about it, Connor gets to play in the tournament of his dreams, Nate works, I stay here with the girls and keep my sanity..win, win for everyone. But seriously guys..you're on my side right? Doesn't it give you anxiety just thinking about it...my blood pressure is rising even as I type about it. Thank heavens for sport-driven, baseball-crazy grandparents!
2 comments:
Man! I'm so glad you don't have to go!
Let me just say that of all my friends you would be the last one I would have ever guessed would get chickens and rabbits and plant a garden. Lol. And shopping at Ifa? I can barely contain my giggles... Love it
Post a Comment