Monday, March 19, 2012

Fact

Fact- Chloe is seriously the worst sleeper..last night she slept from 12:15 am to 6:30 am and I was in heaven (seriously she is 5 months old and weighs a jillion pounds..she should totally be sleeping through the night)

Fact- It's because of me..I am a terrible sleep teacher. after 5 kids you'd think I could learn..well apparently I can not.

Fact- You do not need birth control when you have 5 kids. Plain and simple..there is simply no time for any hanky panky..and if there is a few minutes...I am too tired. So lame. I might have to resort to sending them to a sitters to get any action around here..double lame!

Fact- We are getting a fence at the end of the month which is exciting but also not because it costs way to much money..I could totally decorate my house and furnish it with all the dough being spent on the kid catcher.

Fact- Last night as Nate and I were wrangling the kids into bed..ie..brushing/flossing teeth..getting pj's on..reading scriptures(why we do this I have no idea..I practically have to yell as I read about Alma because the kids could care less and then trying to discuss what we read is an even bigger joke)..getting kids drinks..having prayer..tucking kids in bed (Sophie at least 3 times)..etc..etc...you can imagine as I am chasing maggie down to put her jammies on and all the other kids are up and down and whatever..I say to Nate in passing.."do you really think that when these kids are all grown and gone that we are gonna miss this?" I mean you hear all those sweet, old ladies tell you that these are the best years of your life..but serioulsy..nothing sounded more heavenly than the thought of just watching a show and then heading off to bed in sheer silence and on my own terms..and maybe in time for some kissing. Phew..I am exhausted just recalling last night. And Nate's response was.."I'm sure we will..I think" Which I know deep down is true but..geez it's a tough one.

Fact- I got a new calling. I am the YW personal progress leader. I have never been in YW..not since I left my own self. I am totally scared but excited.

Fact- I love Maggie's age..she can be quite the bully but she can also be so nice. Yesterday at chuch, she came and sat on my lap. She put my ears/earrings in her hands and said, "Mom, I lub ya earrings" I replied," Well thank you Maggie."  She said,"Ya wecum (welcome)" So cute coming from a 2 year old..and such manners..(where she learned to be so polite I have yet to determine).

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

I too wonder (occassionally) why we prayed, cried and wished for the evenings with kiddos. And then they make an "earring" comment like Mags and I totally remember. Not saying I don't miss the good old days... but these new days rock in their own way.... I think.