Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Randomness

I'm not very consistent with blogging lately..sorry. I'm sure you all miss my wittiness:) So here are a few random thoughts...

Last week, I was going outside to take the trash to the curb...I was in my sweats. So was my neighbor..he was in those ugly flannel pj bottoms..ya know? Anywho..as we were both taking out our trash, we did the whole neighborly wave and hello...and as I was walking into my house I thought how weird it was..not to wave and say hello (although I'm not sure they are really fond of us for some reason..I mean they totally should be... I am way fun) but it was just one of those weird grown-up moments. Like I forget that I am one..a grown-up that is...and that I have trash to take out..and a house, and a house payment, and four kids, and one more coming, and a husband, and bills, and insurance crap and all that grown-up stuff. So weird! I don't feel like a grown-up. I mean it totally beats high school and the dating years...wouldn't go back to those days..just a moment...

And also on my mind...we are selling our car. We need a bigger one and let me be truthful. We actually considered a minivan (no offense to all you who drive one...I think they are fantastic..just not for us). Actually we really considered it...even took one for a test drive and my kids were enthralled with the automatic doors...but the bottom line is that us Belnaps go up to the mountains...a lot...and  a minivan just won't cut it. So we are in the market for a big, ol', gas-guzzling Suburban. We put our car on KSL on Sunday and have had 2 calls...One guy even came and test drove it and said he was "really interested"..But that could mean crap as far as I'm concerned so we'll see....Here's a pic if you want it or know someone who does...it's been a great car..just outta room

Other thoughts..I am consumed with trying to think of baby names. I'm pretty picky and opinionated about names. Sometimes I think there should be a baby name police..so crazy people can't name their kids things like Bronckston or Shalianna or Thor or other weird names that people can't pronounce..(Sorry if you are reading this and your kid is one of those names) I mean I know people aren't in love with the names I choose but at least they are semi-normal, spelled normal and you can pronounce them. I love names that are different than names that are everywhere like "Ashley" but not too weird that their teachers at school are wondering what parent in their right mind would name their kid "Hash Brown" (true story) So here's the scoop...I like old-fashioned names for girls but not so old like "Ethyl or Alta or Mildred." Truth be told, I look for names in the obituaries..so give me your ideas..think of your Grandmas and let me have it..unless you are too scared too because of this post...you guys get my drift right..ok then...let's hear some names..did I totally offend everyone..Sorry.

11 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

You are such an opinionated snob. LOL Whatev - I am consumed with the name thing too and it isn't helping. I am not any closer to THE name. So - in order to help someone that is struggling - here are my Grandma's names (in no particular order) Flora, Elenore, Cynthia, and Louise. You're welcome. :)

Amy B. said...

I agree with Amber...SNOB!!! hahaha...Mildred...Pshhhhh!

JK

Ummmm....names....ummmmm...names...

I got nothing!

But...did you hear about the whole hunger games movie...google it and you will see the characters...so can't wait and I really hope they don't mess it up too bad!

Maybe Katniss could be your baby name!

J,B and K said...

I don't remember if I told you or not, but congratulations on the coming baby! I really struggled coming up with Kenlee's name, and we chose it because I had a dream about it and in the dream I even wrote it on the birth certificate, so it was a no brainer after that. My grandmothers names: Ethel, Zola, Adeline, Rosalee, Arvadel. A girl in my ward just named her baby Zola, and at first I thought it was weird, but her baby is totally a cute Zola. There are my two cents!

J,B and K said...

Oh yeah, me again. Some cute names of girls in my class are: Charlotte, Avery, Livia, and Louise. Kind of old fashioned and cute! Good luck. I won't comment again, unless I think of something brilliant. :)

Ashley DeMille said...

So I am big on the spelling of my kids names. It has to look pretty on paper. I am with you I like older names too. I laugh because I also find myself looking at the obits just to see what names there are! I saw one once it looked so cute but I just can't figure out how to make it sound cute. It is Myldra... How do you say that???

I love Callie, Ashlyn, Addie, Elsie, Jane or Jaynie, and Lyla... good luck! I'll keep looking in those obits for you!

The Venutis said...

Congrats!!! My friend just named her little girl Ava, and I love it. I also like Brooklyn and there is a Zoe in Bridgers class and she is so cute.

Ryan and Amber said...

Um- google the name "Skye Johansen in Utah County" and you will find a site of this amazing childrens photographer who actually lists the names of her clients. There are some cutie patootie names there. Just sayin'. :)

Amy B. said...

OMGosh...Amber...Skye is one of my FAVE...and she lives near you...that's so funny cuz I always love the names of her clients!

Tennille said...

Here are some names of the kids in our primary:
Hannah, Evelyn, Norah, Grace, Lucy, Marenn, Lana, Gwen, Julia, Halle, Isabel, Chloe, Lily, and Cora

My grandma's names: Hilda and Helen (not so cute)

Good luck!

Jayci said...

My granny's name are Evelyn and Serelda Blanch. Probably not, right? I'm in love with the girly names Ava and Zoey. So just so you know, if you use either of those names, there's a damn good chance our girls will have the same names. :)

And how pathetic am I that I'm already picking out names & have no freaking clue when Ill be popping a kid out/adopting?!?!?

ivan said...

Sorry. I won't wear my ugly flannel pj bottoms and will make sure that I wave.