Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Popcorn Popping...
Last Friday night was anything but dull at our house...we rented Tangled and made popcorn..Nate and I were enjoying our own show when Ellie came running up the stairs telling me that Maggie had a popcorn seed up her nose...First of all, I have decided I am not a great person to have around in a panic/emergency situation...I am completely useless. With that said, I was all but putting my clothes on, ready to head to the ER...So we get Mags, tweezers and a flashlight..sure enough, there is a popcorn kernel up her nose. Great! In 11 years of kids, I have never had one of them stick anything up their nose. So as Nate and i discuss what to do, Sophie comes upstairs, sees me in a panic, starts to bawl, and tells us she has one up her nose..Are you kidding me..you are 4..so we take a look up her nose and can't see a thing..while doing this, Nate turns to see Maggie, coughing and the kernel pops out her mouth..but don't get too excited for us yet..we grab the flashlight to make sure it's out..oh don't worry..there is another popcorn kernel...how many more are there...so more discussion, flashlight looking, phone calls, etc. So Nate jimmy-rigs some tweezers..filing them down so they are not so sharp..and goes in for the grab. I am practically wrestling my 18 month, trying to get her to hold still and Nate ends up pushing it up farther...Super...Anywho, after a little bit, we take another look and the kernel has come down her nose..so Nate pinches it out. Whew! So we hope that was it for Mags..and as for Sophie I think she put one in but it fell out and she didn't know..who knows but we haven't seen anything since. Apparently their role model of a big brother was sticking the kernels up his nose and then blowing them out...and who doesn't want to be just like that. Gross
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Totally made me laugh out loud...so funny! Glad you found them!!!
Hahaha! Oh my goodness, what an awesome Friday night. Popcorn in the nostrils. Classic chaos. Love your stories, Ash. Love 'em.
Holy Crap - just had this fear pop into my head when Kaelster's cuz stuck a Mike and Ike in her ear. Fetch - what is wrong with kids?
Kyler in the last month has stuck a magic bead and black bean in his nose. Both times I was alone. Luckily he could blow hard enough they came out.
Post a Comment