Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Smart A

Nate and I were talking on the way home from our trip about life and our kids and what we want for them and so on and so on...it was one of those good, "life" discussions..the kind with no interruptions from screaming kids...I like those conversations..mostly because we don't get to have them very often and I think we need them to make sure we are on "track" in life..so I was deep in thought and asked Nate this question..

"How did we get here?" (meaning how did we end up already married for almost 12 years and with 4 kids..you know life happens holy cow fast)

His witty, grinning reply, "One sex at a time"

Aren't you just shaking your head? I swear...of course that's what any boy would say. Needless to say, our deep, life discussion was brought to an end. Ah well...

4 comments:

Adam and Melisa said...

Why is it all discussions with the male specimen lead to talking about sex?...seriously guys!

Ryan and Amber said...

At least he was there with you PHYSICALLY for a few minutes. Their minds are always, ummmm, somewhere else.

Megan and Keli'i said...

HaHAHAHAHAHA!

Awesome.

Jayci said...

So I got on today to see how you are 'cause I had the CRAZIEST dream about you and Nate. I woke up freaking out/in a panic & ready to run down to Richfield to see you & make sure you were okay. Weird. Oh-I love Nates comment! So funny! & I can't wait to share it with Karl 'cause I know he'll get a laugh out of it too! Love you girl!