I don't profess to be a canning guru but one thing I do love is my Grandpa's corn..which isn't exactly his corn since he died years ago. But the truth of the matter is, is that it has and still is grown in his garden. So I still call it Grandpa's corn. Now it is grown by my dad and uncle. Oh occasionally (and I mean like once or twice) I take a water turn but mostly I just reap the amazing benefits. Now let me be clear people. This is unlike any other corn you have had. It is special and it is soooo good. We order the seed from somewhere back East and I know it's fairly expensive. But boy is it worth it. So back to my canning abilities. Not that you can corn, but we freeze it so we can enjoy the deliciousness all winter. So Nate and I decided to be ambitious and here you can see the result. After picking, shucking, cleaning, boiling, and taking the kernels off the cob (I don't know if there is a name for that) of 95 ears of corn, we ended up with 36 luscious bags of "gold" that will be thoroughly enjoyed.
7 comments:
Awesome! Ashley, you don't 8 months pregnant! You look awesome for 8 months! Super cute!
So, first of all - you SO do not look 8 months pregnant. You look AWESOME!
I did the whole corn freezing just 2 weeks ago. We did 67 ears! Yum!
Don't you love other peoples gardens. My nieghbors are the best...they bring me all their stuff and I don't have to do a thing! You are so good to freeze all that!
YUM! And you are tiny for 8 months, TINY!!
That's a whole lotta corn! and you look so great!
Jealous. that's all I have to say. :)
Funny that you didn't deliver any bags of gold to my hot little hands when I saw you.... hoarding them are you?! You look great!
Post a Comment