Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Full Circle Moment
So for those of you from around here, you'll appreciate this more than others. Today is the day my oldest child will go to Gooseberry. Is that nuts or what! He was singing some of the songs they are learning.."I don't want no more of gooseberry...gee mom I wanna go but they won't let me go..gee mom I wanna go home." Wow that took me back. I remember Annie Bangs and being terrified of her. I asked Connor if he knew about her. He said, " mom she's not real" How does he know that. I was a total believer. So I convinced Nate he needed to go since this would most likely be his only boy..and I'll get three chances to go with my girls, plus sleeping on a floor this prego sounds like torture. So he didn't have to work today and gets to spend some quality time with his son. I'm sure they will have fun only i won't have any pics to prove it. Nate is not about to sit and snap photos of all the fun. Such a man thing. So here's to Gooseberry, memories and a full circle moment. I am getting old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahhh, Gooseberry. Am I remembering wrong, or did Mr. Willis dress up as Annie Bangs and run around scaring the begeezes out of us? Or maybe it was the real Annie Bangs ...
Oh Man - he is way too mature knowing the inside scoop about Annie Bangs and all... sheesh! That is a little trip down memory lane!
Annie Bangs...I was so scared! I am glad they are still continuing the tradition!
Post a Comment