Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dear Pregnant Body

Dear Pregnant Body,
I give up...you win ok. I am tired of staring into my closet forever trying to decide what might look half decent on you. I am trying to make you look flattering, but you are making it extremely difficult. So today was it! Because of what you are doing ( at an alarming rate) I chose to wear maternity pants today. That's right..only 16 weeks into this pregnancy and already I am having to pull out the fat clothes.
I don't want you to feel too bad and these pants are much more comfy but seriously, why is your butt so big when the baby is in your belly? And it's only about 5 inches long at that. Those huge belly rolls should not be that big. People are looking at you and wondering why you are so chubby. So I am just telling you to watch it. The bike riding, walking and chasing 3 other kids, just isn't doing enough. So I would really appreciate it if you could slow the weight gain down. You have 24 more weeks to go and that's a long time.
I hope this is not to harsh. I mean you are a good body. You are healthy and you help me do everything. And we get to carry another baby. ..that's so exciting. I am happy you can walk, and run, and breathe, and carry the kids around. But I just might lose my mind if I end up having to be rolled into the delivery room.
Thanks again for all you do.

Sincerely, Ashley

6 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

HaHa - That was awesome! I think I'll go ahead and try to scold "my body" too - it isn't me or the chocolate that I ingest after every meal - it's my DANG body! And I'm not even preggo! :)

Fab Five said...

I feel for ya! Your body totally takes on a life of it's own when your pregnant. That was fun to read! You made me smile.

Kurt and Tara Heath said...

I am right there with ya!!! I feel like wearing a Moo Moo for the next 5 months!!!

Tennille said...

You crack me up! At least you have an excuse.

Do you still sit outside with all the neighbors and chat while the kids run wild? I sure miss those days.

Adam and Melisa said...

Well...at least your prego! I have no excuse when having to get out my fat pants!! And what better opportunity to be able to eat everything in sight!!!:)

Janae said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! How exciting! You always look fabulous.