Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The SHE-Mullet






I know what your thinking. What is that? Is that her hair? Is that a mullet? And the answer is yes. My daughter has a mullet. Well a
she-mullet as we fondly refer to it. That's just how her hair has grown and when the few back hairs got long enough to put into a ponytail and pigtails, I just didn't think about cutting it..until my mother saw it after she got out of the tub one day and said to me in a very motherly, nice, non-offensive tone, "Oh honey I really think you need to cut that off." Wow that was a really bad run-on sentance..anyways, so then I got really worried about it...like I was a crazy-non-cutting hair, can't -see-the- obvious kind of mother. And she wasn't the first person to suggest whacking the back off. So I got brave today and decided to give it a go. I have to admit, I was kind of sad..no more ponytail. But hopefully this will help her hair grow better. It's such a struggle when your kids' hair grows crazy...what to do, what to do? well I hope I can figure out something to do with it. I'll let you all know in the morning. And PS, I saved the hair just for Uncle Bobby's sake. LOL (inside joke, he saves everything..hair, umbilical cord fall-offs, teeth, the list goes on...:)

6 comments:

J,B and K said...

Ha! The She-mullet. Good work on cutting it, I wouldn't have dared, but it looks good!

Amy B. said...

Oh Sophins...I will miss the Shullett...I really didn't ever notice anything in case you are wondering...I think your kids all have great hair...take a look at mine...(and I mean Taylor) Ha!

Lindsay said...

Courtney has had a she mullet on and off for all of the 6 years of her life. For some reason it grows so much faster in the back than the front and sides. She really wants to grow it long, but I can't stand the mullet, so we have to keep cutting it. Maybe one day it will grow ... :)

RobJulsandKids said...

I would call it more of a rat-tail! I guess I didn't realize how great it was...whenever I see her it's pulled up. She is adoreable with or with out her 80's flashback!

Ryan and Amber said...

I'm thinking of growing my own She-Mullet. They're all the rage these days.... :)

The Venutis said...

Hey Ashley...hope you don't mind I blog stalked ya : ) from Ashley Rappleyes blog. Your family is darling. My blog is private, but if you want an invite email me heidivenuti@beyondbb.com
Heidi Peterson : ) Venuti