Friday, March 6, 2009

I've got a ticket to ride...



So we are board game kind of people and a couple of years ago, my sister gave us this game called Ticket to Ride. We are in love with it. And the last few months or so, we have kind of become obsessed with it..playing every Sunday and as much as we can in between. It is so addicting..now in the last two years I have won only 5 times which is depressing..and even more depressing that I am keeping track. What can i say I'm a competitive person and I like to win. The best part is, is that we found this 1910 expansion pack..which changes things up and I am loving it. So if you like games or need a gift for someone who does, I highly recommend this one although it's pretty pricey. But totally worth it. My eight year old even plays with us. I also gave it to my brother for Christmas and now his friends call every night to see if they can come over for a "Train" tourney. In love with this game. Does this mean I am old, lame and boring???

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

If you are old, lame, and boring, then so am I. We have the European version of Ticket to Ride - which one is yours? I love it too - and I like the fact that kids can play. Here are a couple other game suggestions for you that are kind of a similar style that we like: Settlers of Catan, and Carcassone.

The Belnaps said...

We have the American version..and we also like Settlers but I haven't heard of Carcassone.Thanks

RobJulsandKids said...

Yeah...you are SO old, lame, and BORING! I am laughing like no other! I may have to come play with you becuase I have a husband that's anti-board games!

ALICIA said...

I was thinking I might have to come play too. My hubby isn't too into games unless it's on the court or the field. I'm definitely going to have to look into getting it.

Ryan and Amber said...

Why have I never heard of this game? I am so out of it! Geez - it is a good thing you post these tips to keep me from becoming "old boring and lame!"

Ashley DeMille said...

We LOVE that game. It has to be one of our favorites! We need to get together and play it sometime! I had no idea you guys were gamers!