Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Enough Faith???
Now I am not writing this for pity or sorrow or money..that is unless you are Bill Gates and have some to spare, No I am simply writing to vent and share. Lately, Nate hasn't had any work. This recession is finally hitting us. And I have to admit, I am shocked. It's like one of those things where you never think crazy things will happen to you but here we are, struggling with very little work. And now I am questioning if I have enough faith or not. I think I do..but do I really? How are we going to pay our bills and all that garbage? We pay our tithing religiously so I know things will work out. it's just becomes a matter of when. It just gets a bit scary and I get this inkling of doubt. So back on my knees I go and pray for strength and humility and a way to figure this one out. Trials right? It could very well be worse..and I know that. The one thing I get frustrated with myself with is our lack of savings. We have a great food storage but not a financial one. It's simply hard to save when you use all you make. But no excuses right? I have a new vow that when things get better..because they will. Savings will become a new priority. I despise that money..such a material item is such an important thing to have...at least some anyways. I always say to myself that if this is our trial in life (that is.. being financially challenged), then it's not so bad. Life could always be so much worse. I have so many blessings..an amazing husband, three beautiful children, our health and the gospel. What more could I ask for? But a trial is a trial and it's still hard. But I will learn and grow and pray that I have faith enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry about the economic hard times. I can relate. Karl is in sales and his last 3 paychecks have been pretty much nothing. It sucks. We've actually decided to postpone on buying a house because it's scared us a bit. But I have several friends and family members that have lost their job or they aren't getting work (construction, mortgage, sales, etc.) Karl's brother is currently "retired" at the ripe old age of 38. In other words, he can't get any work in the construction business. Thankfully, he has a good savings. But it's all pretty scary. If I had loads of money, I'd pay your bills for ya. Sorry I don't :) But, I dunno, I know how you've always been good with tithing and, well..you and Nate will be okay. It's just one of many trials we'll all face in this lifetime. Love you!
Ashley - if there is anyone that can make it through it is YOU! Likely you will come up with some amazing idea/invention and giggle all the way to the bank. OR - if all else fails, let's do The Amazing Race....I don't watch the show, but you're right, I could use my travel skills to our benefit. Will you apply for us? Love you!
I'm sorry Ashley. We are going through the same thing right now. I feel for ya. I know how stressful it is when money is tight, hopefully things will pick up for our whole economy SOON! I hate tests of faith!
Post a Comment